Sunday, November 9, 2008

adventures in rice cereal

I've been holding off on giving Aiden rice cereal because our pediatrition told us to wait until he was 6 months old, and he sleeps through the night just from nursing. Lately he has seemed famished right before his next feeding and can't get the food fast enough, so I gave in and decided to give it a try. Things went great the first few bites were so enjoyable he was begging for more.
Then after about 10 bites, when Dad put down the camera, the gagging began. I would barely get the spoon to his lips and he would gag as if I was the grossest thing in the world. I'll have to admit baby gagging was pretty funny. After 10 minutes of gagging and no food going down I dumped the rest of the cereal in a bottle and he finished it the old fashion way. So it wasn't the cereal that was gross... just the spoon.

After the cereal Aiden thought he'd wash his dinner down with a beer. Notice the death grip (both Aiden's and Daddy's)

No comments: