Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Baby's room phase 1

The baby's room is almost ready! I had good intentions of taking a before picture, but forgot. I was going to take pictures of us working away... but I forgot. I was also going to take pictures without the furniture...but I forgot to do that too. OOPS

Well here is the nursery phase one, kind of. I'm really happy with how it turned out. Ryan (Mr. I don't care) had to have a chair rail so we compromised on the paint and I gave into the chair rail. I must say that it looks much better than I expected. Our brother-in-law John helped with the painting and turned a three day job into a 5 hour job, and made it look much better than we could have. It is hard to tell in the pictures but the bottom color is a light sage and the top is a mint green. I love that its gender neutral but doesn't say "baby's room".

Here is the view from the doorway.

And the view from the closet.


The crib & changing table are from Ikea and a gift from my parents. We got a lot of accessories from Ikea as well like the blue blanket, white fur, curtains and more. The glider was a steal of a deal and only cost me a few hours of babysitting. The curtain rod is from Land of Nod clearance for $10 for the whole set with shipping!

I have a things that are going on the walls, but I haven't decided if the furniture will stay in its present location so I don't want to put up the wall stuff just yet.

Thanks for visiting! only 9 more weeks!

No comments: