Monday, February 11, 2008

crafty nesting

I've always been a little bit crafty (I have 5+ unfinished quilts in the closet upstairs to prove that is just "a little" crafty) but being pregnant sparks up your craftiness. I started knitting last spring when Carli and Stephanie were pregnant, but they got the "just starting" hats and they needed some improvement. Thanks to youtube I was able to figure out my errors and gave it a try for our baby. Its my best one yet and it only took a little over 3 hours. I knitted it back in December when I was screaming for something to take me away from the computer and proofing during the Christmas rush.

Last night I finished sewing a sock monkey receiving blanket that took longer than 3 hours! It was pretty frustrating for a simple blanket, but I'm a perfectionist when it comes to sewing and I was trying really really hard to make it perfect. Its not perfect, but its done and I hope baby loves it. It is a flannel blanket and brown inside is made to look just like a sock monkey. Christy and I found the fabric at Reproduction Fabrics, an online store based in Bozeman. I have enough fabric to make a second blanket, but I need a break... hopefully the next one will be better :-)

No comments: